Pikes Peak BMW Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REGIONAL EVENTS

June 20 - 21, 2009 - Annual Colorado Classic 1000

July 16 - 19, 2009 - 37th BMWMOA International Rally @ Johnson City

July 23 -26, 2009   - 20th Annual Top O' The Rockies Rally @ Paonia

August 1, 2009 - 10th Annual 100,000 Foot Ride

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» What is your favorite online photo album site?
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 11:23 pm by alicia4500

» R1150R Parts
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm by slackj

» changing tires on a F800GS
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:34 pm by Guest

» Riding Suit Alterations - Tailor needed
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 am by lobo rojo

» Group Ride to Sipapu Rally
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:50 am by homeless

» R1200 RT Shocks
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm by bmwDeb

» First Supper Ride
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:36 am by homeless

» Serenity Springs Rally June 13th, Saturday
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:39 am by Heath Herber

» R1150R For Sale
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 7:51 pm by nielp

» Ride To Work Day 6/15/2009
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:32 pm by lobo rojo

Poll

Should the club hold an annual Summit Meeting at the top of Pikes Peak

I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Vote_lcap92%I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Vote_rcap 92% [ 11 ]
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Vote_lcap0%I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Vote_lcap8%I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Gallery

I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Empty

I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate.

2 posters

Go down

I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Empty I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate.

Post by lobo rojo Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:38 am

I have not had a haircut since October and things are getting crazy. This will be my fifth year getting shaved in St Baldricks and hopefully the best one yet.

I have set the bar pretty high, I was the top fundraiser in Colorado Springs last year with just under $6,000.00 and my team was the top team with over $15,500.00. A great showing that I have some very generous friends and family. Of course that sets the bar high for this year. Unfortunately, we are all going through a tough time and I realize donations are not in the front of your mind.

If you need a reason outside of the great cause helping kids, I have come up with two incentives to help motivate you with donations.

First, your donation will not be just a passive donation you actually get to choose how your money is used! Not really how the money is spent within children’s cancer treatment, but choose how my hair will look after the event. After four years, I was bored with shaved head and while bald is beautiful I needed something different. So this year each dollar you donate counts as one vote and you can place your vote with one of 5 hairstyles.

1) Bald – it’s the classic
2) Mohawk – just like Mr. T
3) Mullet – back to my West Carrollton roots
4) Friar Tuck – did I ever tell you I loved the story of Robin Hood
5) Comb over – the quintessential hair fo pas.
The more money I raise the longer I will keep the “style” so it all depends on you.

But wait, there’s more…

Each of your dollars will also be entered into a drawing for fabulous prizes. So if you donate $25 you will get 25 entries into the drawing. Plus, any company matching donations on your behalf will count too. The final prize list will be completed soon but in the years past items have included gift baskets, gift cards, jewelry and more.

So this year you can win a prize, choose to make me look more goofy and help a great cause. What more can you ask for?

If you can, please come to Armstrong Hall at Colorado College on March 20th to watch and cheer me on. Whether or not you can be there, I hope you’ll support me – both in spirit and with a donation. All my donors’ names (unless anonymous) will appear on my page of the St. Baldrick’s website!

More than 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year. Despite tremendous progress, cancer remains the #1 disease killer of children in North America. I’m out to help change that!

Since St. Baldrick’s began in 2000, shavees like me have raised more than $50 million, and this has grown into the world’s largest fundraising event for childhood cancer.

The St. Baldrick’s Foundation made $15 million in grants last year, to some of the top pediatric cancer researchers working today, and also to 30 young doctors who will be the research experts of tomorrow.

Children fighting cancer lose not only their hair but years of their childhood, and sometimes their lives. Compared to their struggle, shaving my head is a small sacrifice, and the money raised will make such a difference for them.

So, please help me raise as much as I can – both to justify this crazy decision, and to fund as much research as possible! No amount is too big or too small – every gift matters so much. Please help me reach my goal of $5000 by March 18th.

To give online, go to my personal page below and click on “Donate.” I will also be at the upcoming Phantom Canyon event for additional donations.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/shavee_info.php?ParticipantKey=2009-60464#

Or you can donate by phone at (888) 899-BALD, or write a check to “St. Baldrick’s Foundation.” After you donate I will contact you for your style votes.

Sincerely,

Steve Wolf (Lobo Rojo)
Shavee

FACTS ON ST BALDRICS:

• In 2008, over 27,000 volunteers shaved their heads at more than 560 St. Baldrick’s events held across the U.S. and beyond, raising over $17 million for childhood cancer research.
  • It's the 8th Annual St. Baldrick's event in Colorado Springs! Thanks to amazing Colorado Springs citizens, we've raised over $700,000 in funds for St. Baldrick's Foundation over the past 7 years. This year we're aiming for the $1,000,000 mark!
  • Last year there were over 600 participants in the Colorado Springs event at Colorado College
  • During a lifetime, the average human will grow 590 miles of hair, so why not shave off some inches?
  • Blondes tend to have about 140,000 hairs on their head, compared to 110,000 for brown hair, 108,000 for black and only 90,000 for those with red hair! Will blondes have more fun shaving it all off? Why not try and see!
lobo rojo
lobo rojo

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate. Empty Re: I'm shaving my head for the St. Baldricks charity and hope you will donate.

Post by anasazi Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Steve,
This is awesome! Our daughter spent a lot of time in Boston Children's Hospital between birth and 9 months. Being there was heart-wrenching, seeing so many kids with so many conditions. And yet, always seeming to have a bright outlook on life nonetheless.

Please provide the exact time of the shaving at Armsotrong Hall if you can.

Best of luck,
Steve Immel
aka anasazi
anasazi
anasazi

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down